With the support of Sungei Wang Plaza as the official venue sponsor, PT Foundation's 14th World AIDS Day RED CARNIVAL is on the 27th and 28th November (Sat-Sun) 2010 from 10.00 am till 7.30pm.
The RED CARNIVAL is the public event organised yearly by PT Foundation on World AIDS Day, aiming to raise public awareness and create an opportunity for public engagement in HIV prevention and education work in Klang Valley.
This will be the 11th significant year for us to host such event in collaboration with Sungei Wang Plaza, and in 2009 RED CARNIVAL we managed to achieved some significant result as below:
- RM13000 was raised for HIV prevention work
- 40,000 red ribbons and 40,000 pieces of HIV information pieces were distributed to the public at Sungei Wang Plaza Fiesta Street
- 200 members of the public took part in PLHIV discrimination and stigma poll
- 20 community groups took part in our community events and 80 performers participated in Red Carnival
- 400 volunteers came forward and volunteered at the carnival
This year, we are targeting to reach out to 60,000 members of the general public visiting Sungei Wang Plaza. With the support of 400 volunteers in this two day event, 60,000 red ribbons and 40,000 pieces of HIV educational materials will be given out. We are expecting to have at least 200 people to go through the Risk Assessment exercise and 50 people for the HIV screening.
Come along to support the above event with your family and friends and be a part of a history making event every year with this year theme AIDSAware: Be the Message. We will be there for AIDS awareness, wonderful performances with celebrities emcee, fun and fundraising for a AIDS causes.