In 2010, the Insular Southeast Asian Network on MSM, TG, and HIV (ISEAN) and the Humanist Institute for Co-operation with Developing Countries (Hivos) jointly submitted a regional proposal to the Global Fund for AIDS, Malaria, and Tuberculosis (GFATM) Round 10. The programme, entitled ‘Strengthening Community Systems to Reduce Vulnerability to and Impact of HIV infection on MSM and TG in Insular Southeast Asia’, was approved by GFATM and contract for the grant was signed on 6 October, 2011. This grant has the main goal of reducing (a) the vulnerability and risks of MSM and TG to HIV infection and (b) the impact of HIV on their lives in Insular Southeast Asia. It intends to address critical gaps in supporting and scaling up activities that reduce HIV/AIDS among MSMs and TGs.
Hivos, as the Principal Recipient of the grant, is looking for capable Local Finance Evaluators (LFE) for the ISEAN-Hivos Program to review and sign out on the monthly finance reports and quarterly reports of the ISEAN Hivos Sub-Recipients (SRs) to the Principal Recipient (PR).
Specifically, the following will be provided by the Part-time Local Finance Evaluator for the ISEAN-Hivos Program to address the Grant’s requirements:
- Review and signing-out of the monthly reports of the SRs to the PR
- The review focuses on the concurrence of program activities with the financial report
- Review of supporting SR financial documents, on a per month basis.
- Review and signing out of SSR reports to PR (if applicable)
- Provide feedback and recommendations on the monthly SR report to the PR (including program and finance components)
- Review and signing-out of the quarterly PUDR of the SRs to the PR
- Provide feedback and recommendations on the quarterly PUDR of the SRs to the PR (including program and finance components).
- Education in accountancy and/or finance;
- Experience in conducting financial evaluations /audit of NGOs, preferably in the area of health program implementation.
- Preferably with financial experience in Global Fund Programs / Projects;
- Preferably with experience working with Community Based Organizations in program or financial management contexts.
The selected Local Finance Evaluators (LFE) for ISEAN-Hivos Program shall be engaged for on a part time basis (2 to 3 days work per month) under an 8 months consultancy contract starting February 1, 2012 up to September 31, 2012.
An Expression of Interest (EoI) Letter, together with the applicant’s CV must be sent by January, 17, 2011 to the email address below at 17:00 hrs. Jakarta Western Indonesia Time