ISEAN-Hivos-GF-R10-HIV/AIDS – CONSULTANT FOR NATIONAL MSM & TG NETWORK FOR THE ISEAN-HIVOS PROGRAMME – MALAYSIA
“Strengthening community systems to reduce vulnerability to and impact of HIV infection on MSM and TG in Insular Southeast Asia”
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
In 2010, the Insular Southeast Asian Network on MSM, TG, and HIV (ISEAN) and the Humanist Institute for Co-operation with Developing Countries (Hivos) jointly submitted a regional proposal to the Global Fund for AIDS, Malaria, and Tuberculosis (GFATM) Round 10. The programme, entitled ‘Strengthening Community Systems to Reduce Vulnerability to and Impact of HIV infection on MSM and TG in Insular Southeast Asia’, was approved by GFATM and contract for the grant was signed on 6 October, 2011. This grant has the main goal of reducing (a) the vulnerability and risks of MSM and TG to HIV infection and (b) the impact of HIV on their lives in Insular Southeast Asia. It intends to address critical gaps in supporting and scaling up activities that reduce HIV/AIDS among MSMs and TGs.
PT Foundation as the Sub Recipient of the grant, is looking for a capable Consultant to support the development of National Network(s) of MSM & TG CBOs for the ISEAN-Hivos Programme who will be responsible for conducting a series of consultations with selected MSM & TG Community Based Organisations in preparation for the Inception Meeting of the National MSM & TG Network(s). Specifically, the following will be provided by the Regional Programme Manager for the ISEAN-Hivos Programme to address the Grant’s requirements:
1. Development of a toolkit to assess the capacity of MSM & TG community based organizations (CBOs)
2. Formulate the National Network(s) of MSM & TG CBOs Charter
3. Development of the modules / design for the National Network of MSM & TG CBOs Inception Meeting(s)
4. Facilitate/co-facilitate the National Network(s) of MSM & TG CBOs Inception Meeting.
1. Experience in NGO work focused on HIV-AIDS, experience working on MSM and TG concerns preferred;
2. With relevant experience in community organizing / community development;
3. Fluent in written and spoken English;
4. Preferably gay, bisexual man or other MSM or transgender person; and
5. Preferably with a masteral degree holder in public health, social sciences or related fields.
The selected Consultant for National Network of MSM TG CBOs shall be engaged starting March 1, 2012 up to June 30, 2012.
An Expression of Interest (EoI) Letter, together with the applicant’s CV must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 29, 2012 addressed to Mr. Kevin Nicholas Baker, National Programme Manager ISEAN-Hivos Programme.
Shortlisted applicants will be formally invited for an interview. They may also be requested to provide additional documents, as needed.